Re: [Gimp-gui] Scrolling past the canvas

Am Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2019, 09:40:43 CEST schrieb Jehan:
Hi!

[...]

What has always bugged me in GIMP (at least on Windows, don't know
about Linux) is that you can only scroll the image window as far as
the canvas goes. This is an issue, because some tools require us to
click outside canvas, e.g. to paint with the edge of the Brush on the
very edge of the canvas, or to make selections more easily. A
workaround is to zoom out and zoom in, but it's rather annoying to do
it that way and not always feasible.

There is an other way to scroll out of canvas: with the middle-click
panning. I.e. you hold middle-click button on the canvas and move the
mouse. Such panning is not locked within the canvas limit and is very
often the favorite way of most people to move over the canvas.

That however doesn't work for people that use middle button + mouse movement
to emulate scroll wheel, which is quite standard for ThinkPad users.

[...]

Jehan

Thank you,
Adam