[Gimp-gui] Scrolling past the canvas

Hi!

This is my first time interacting with the GIMP community, so, hello!

What has always bugged me in GIMP (at least on Windows, don't know about Linux) is that you can only scroll the image window as far as the canvas goes. This is an issue, because some tools require us to click outside canvas, e.g. to paint with the edge of the Brush on the very edge of the canvas, or to make selections more easily. A workaround is to zoom out and zoom in, but it's rather annoying to do it that way and not always feasible.

Can a scrolling margin be provided?

Thank you,
Adam