Re: [Gimp-gui] 2 new suggestions for Gimp 2.10.8

On 2/25/19 12:46 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-gui-list wrote:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 2:35 PM Benjamin Röhling wrote:

Good, so here my two ideas (I hope they aren't implemented yet).
1. Option to center-align a layer(s) horizontally / vertically or both within the frame.
https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tool-align.html

2a. Select 2 or more layers with ctrl + left-click for transforming them at the same time:
move/scale/rotate/align.
2b. Left-click on layer y[1] , then Shift + left-click on layer y[2] or y[n] to select 2-n layers
simultaneously for move/scale/rotate/align.
This is all part of multiple selection support. It's on the radar but
needs a developer.

Isn't this already there since the same transform is applied to chain-linked layer/channels/paths? The only difference being that your visual feedback is done with only one layer (but sometimes it is better that way).

And there are two workarounds if you want visual feedback to the whole:

- Layer > New from visible

- Chain-link all layers/path/channels **including the new-from-visible one**

- Apply the transform on the new-from-visible layer

- Remove the new-from-visible layer

- Put the layers in a layer group

- Apply the transform on the layer group

Multiple selection has its uses, though (moving several layers in the stack for instance).