Re: [Gimp-gui] Auto-generated tags for brushes

On 06/03/2018 02:47 AM, Michal Vašut wrote:
It would ve nice to specify those (or asset specific) metadata also for
another assets (plugins, gradients, fonts, ...). I hope devs are planing to
make some asset manager and now is the time (or will be after stabilizing
2.10) to do so.

Hi Michal and All,

Do GIMP plug-ins currently have any associated user-accessible metadata? Looking at a couple of sample code files, author names and copyrights seem to be put in the code file, but not in a way that's accessible through the user interface.

I'm guessing that plug-ins, and assets such as gradients, color palettes, dynamics, etc, all could have user-added metadata added - "could have" meaning it seems possible to write code to add user-generated tags and things like author name, copyright, source url, etc, simply because the code for these things is GIMP code.

Are fonts the sort of thing to which users could directly add metadata? I'm guessing not, as GIMP code doesn't make fonts, rather only uses fonts supplied elsewhere. I'm guessing people that have many, many fonts installed on their system probably use some sort of font management that's not part of GIMP?

Best,
Elle