Re: [Gimp-gui] Suggestion to add an option for colour picker (which picks from image) in colour dialog box.

On 02/27/2018 12:25 PM, Michal Vašut wrote:
I cannot reproduce it either - if I pick the color from outside of the
canvas, and then fill the canvas with bucket tool, there is no transition
(those 2 are the same).

But there is definitely some problem with picking the color outside of Gimp
window in Windows (not sure if that is possible in Linux).

Hmm, that might be a Windows-specific issue. Using GIMP on Linux, I can pick a color from a solid-color image displayed in Geeqie, and fill an image layer in GIMP, and it's an exact match to the color as displayed in Geeqie, at least when Geeqie and GIMP are using the same monitor profile and color management settings - I didn't check other scenarios.