Re: [Gimp-gui] What is your opinion on on-canvas dialogs?

On 2017-12-23 00:14, Ell wrote:
On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:11:42 +0100
Jehan <jehan girinstud io> wrote:
> I know it's not quite it, but since commit
> 984ed6cefda5df921777c8530d4ea8f51a52977c from today, constrained
> line angles respect the canvas's rotation angle and flip mode.  In
> other words, you can rotate the canvas to the desired angle, and
> press Ctrl while dragging an endpoint to create a horizontal line
> (which, in actuality, has the same angle as the canvas.)

Maybe that's a bit far fetched, but what if you wanted to take the
canvas angle into account?
Like currently we can constrain only within 15°. I could imagine some
who would want to obtain any angle precisely by rotating the canvas
first. Like you rotate the canvas by 5° exactly and you can get a 20°
rotation with paint tools, gradient, etc. You can even get any random
angle (18.3° or whatever!).

But... that's exactly what this is about :)  If you rotate the canvas
by 18.3°, then the line angle will be constrained to 18.3° + 15° * n.
Or maybe that's not what you meant?

Oups sorry! I should have tested first (or read better your prose).
I thought the change was the opposite (like you made so that constrained angles were always relative to the canvas coordinate system).
All good then. :-)

Jehan

--
Ell