Re: [Gimp-gui] What is your opinion on on-canvas dialogs?

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:11:42 +0100
Jehan <jehan girinstud io> wrote:
I know it's not quite it, but since commit
984ed6cefda5df921777c8530d4ea8f51a52977c from today, constrained
line angles respect the canvas's rotation angle and flip mode.  In
other words, you can rotate the canvas to the desired angle, and
press Ctrl while dragging an endpoint to create a horizontal line
(which, in actuality, has the same angle as the canvas.)

Maybe that's a bit far fetched, but what if you wanted to take the
canvas angle into account?
Like currently we can constrain only within 15°. I could imagine some
who would want to obtain any angle precisely by rotating the canvas
first. Like you rotate the canvas by 5° exactly and you can get a 20°
rotation with paint tools, gradient, etc. You can even get any random
angle (18.3° or whatever!).

But... that's exactly what this is about :)  If you rotate the canvas
by 18.3°, then the line angle will be constrained to 18.3° + 15° * n.
Or maybe that's not what you meant?

--
Ell