Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Theme UI now and future.

On 01/26/2016 04:21 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

It would be nice if there were a way to set up, keep, and quickly choose
from a set of user-established canvas padding colors, independent of
choosing a theme or a set of icons (and hopefully someone will tell me this
is already possible by doing XYZ . . . ).

You mean, like View -> Padding Color -> Light/Dark Check Color?

Alex

I didn't know about that particular menu entry, so thanks! But the problem is that when I set a custom canvas padding color, and then change to another canvas padding color, the first color is not remembered any where in the UI, as far as I can tell.

It would be easy enough to dial in colors that are R=G=B. But the desktop isn't color-managed. Also my monitor is profiled but not calibrated to have the gray axis be R=G=B.

So to set a truly neutral canvas color, first I make the color I want in GIMP in a regular RGB working space, and then convert that color to my monitor profile, and then eyedropper the RGB values, and then dial these values in as the custom canvas color. This is a lot of steps to go through to change the canvas padding color.

It would be nice if there were a way to have the little squares of color in the "Custom padding color" remember the last twelve colors that were dialed in as Custom padding colors. But currently those last twelve colors are the last twelve colors picked using the color picker.

A dialogue such as Gez suggested would also work, that is somewhere on the Status bar a place to select from the last few custom canvas padding colors.

Elle