Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Theme UI now and future.

I'm not sure how many themes and how many sets of icons are "too
many". But given the following:

* many differently-sized devices are used for editing images
* the wide disparity in user personal preferences
* issues with eyesight and/or hand-eye coordination that might lead a
user to prefer the wider icon spacing and/or color icons

5 is my limit since i have to maintain them and test them on all variant
OSes :) Its hard to make it work across everything and time consuming to
keep it up. So far i've tested them on OSX (Maverick only so far),
Windows (8.1 so far), Linux (KDE, Unity, Wine under Unity) to make sure
they felt the same across the board. There's only so much that can be
tweaked to keep that true.

it might be nice to include two sizes for icons - the original size
and the smaller size, and also keep the original color icons in both
sizes.

I think there are plans to switch eventually to svg icons which would
render the point moot.

Ben

And how do your themes look on high resolution displays? Given that there is increasing demand for larger
icons I think you have to consider that you may have many more variants to support.

Kevin