Re: [Gimp-gui] Toolbox Groups

...Wouldn't most users end at first create various toolbox because they think it's a cool idea at first then end up always using the same (the one with all the tools) because they get used to it the most? ...

What?  Are you saying that most users would just end up adding all the tools into one group?  This would not make any since.

I thought about the exact same examples, and then I realize that sometimes photographers would use the paint tools too (to make small fixes here and there, to change selections in quick mask mode, etc.) and that many painters would still use other tools (selections, warp, transformations, etc.).
So would you really want to hide them (hence make it more difficult to get to them) even if to use it once every hour? At first this could look like a good idea but I really wonder if it will hold with the time.

You don't need to see all the tools at the same time. for example the selection tools.  If you think about them in a general since then there are three groups of selection tools.  perfect select(rectangle/ellipse), Free hand, and computer select (letting GIMP decide what to select).  I don't really want to see seven tools when I could only have three groups.  If you are looking for the rectangle select and you see the ellipse tool you know that you need to go into the group to select the rectangle select.  I rarely use select by color or foreground select(I don't even know what foreground select does) If I want to roughly select an area I always go to the fuzzy select tool.  So I always just hide them anyway.  But there always comes that time when fuzzy selecting all the red in an image is ridiculous and I need the select by color tool.  So I have to go back to the toolbox menu and pull it out (I know about the tool menu but I don't ever think about looking in there).  It would be more beneficial for someone like me to just have these tools selected. and If you or the photographer does not like this then you don't have to group them.

You can already organize where things are by ordering tools in preferences > toolbox. Though clearly this is a good example of not very good UI. Basically many of the things we have which requires to go to the preferences are not very good in my opinion because I end up nearly never go there to customize (or forgetting you even could).

Maybe you should be able to right click the toolbox and it would bring up a context menu with edit that would bring you straight to the edit toolbox menu like LibreOffice does.  This would also be nice to put in the tool menu.  You could even make it its make this its own window like the shortcut window.  But I would rather it still be available in preferences.

--
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.