Re: [Gimp-gui] Force Toolbox Widgets To Bottom

On 10/15/2015 01:29 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>Here's a screenshot showing the left edge of the screen, showing the
>Toolbox and an image window, in which I free up some vertical real
>estate by hiding the menu bar:
>http://ninedegreesbelow.com/bug-reports/gimp29/gimp-toolbox.png
Let's just say that the tools' options dialog should never be that
wide in the first place, and it's something on mitch's roadmap since,
like, dawn of times.

In case it wasn't clear in the screenshot - the available screen real estate extends considerably to the right of the screenshot. The theme is the small icon theme, the "toolbox plus dialogs" usually only takes up 200-250 pixels in width, and the total screen is 1600px wide. But the option to make the toolbox wider when desired - to show brush tips, to get the whole tool dialog showing without scrollbars, to see pixel readouts on the pointer and sample points dialog, etc, etc, is something I find very useful.

Best,
Elle