Re: [Gimp-docs] Translation of Gimp

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 13:08:30 -0500
Ell via gimp-docs-list <gimp-docs-list gnome org> wrote:

[...]  Ideally, we should only use the abbreviated versions in the
combo box, and display the full strings in the menu, but right now we
use the abbreviated versions for both.

FYI for translators: this is now a thing -- we now have separate
full and abbreviated versions for some of the gradient-editor strings.
If you've previously translated the abbreviated strings to full-length
strings (e.g., "FG (t)" to "Foreground (transparent)"), please update
their translation to something shorter, and use the unabbreviated
version for the full string.  Thanks :)

--
Ell