Re: [Gimp-docs] update of translation tools - for Roman Joost

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:07:24AM +0200, scl wrote:
Hi,

Marco's post reminds me that I lately read about the GNOME
documentation project switching from DocBook to Mallard [1].
This is concerning. I never took Mallard as a big contender, since it
doesn't solve any of the problems with DocBook. For writers, writing XML
sucks. Now with Mallard we just say: "Hey - you just write less XML",
but it will still suck.

I think this is considerable if we want to use GNOME's manpower
to contribute to GIMP's user documentation and it could also
have impact on the choice of translation tools.
Yes, that is true. It feels a bit as if the documentation world splits
apart again in terms of tools.

I certainly can't understand from a users point of view, why we still
want to keep XML. I can understand it from a technical point of view -
yes ...

Kind Regards
--
Roman Joost