Re: [Gimp-docs] [Gimp-web] Proposed gimp tutorial

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 02:36:56PM -0600, Pat David wrote:
Could someone with a better grasp of the material chime in to help iron
this out so that we can possibly include it as either a tutorial or wiki
material?  I have to confess to not being familiar enough with the material
to be able to add anything meaningful beyond helping to translate to the
proper format for inclusion on wgo. :)
This debate became a bit difficult to track over two mailing lists. Can
we please not do this?

For the debate regarding what the directory separator, I've to agree
with Stephen. If you want to create paths which are OS independent in
Python you usually rely on the `os.join` methods instead of
concatenating it explicitly with a constant. Besides, Script-Fu is based
on Schema, which is a functional language, where as Python follows more
the OOP idiom. That's perhaps why you don't want to translate examples
1:1.

My 2 cents :)

Kind Regards,
--