Re: [Gimp-developer] creating a mac dmg for 2.99

Hi!

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 11:39 PM Aleph Mage <thefonso thefonso com> wrote:

Hello all,

I’m interested in compiling the dev branch code and becoming the hosting
developer for the eventual 3.0 release of the Gimp for Mac.

I need to understand the steps for creating this as they have been in the
past. What pitfalls should I look out for?

Please advise / point in the right direction

The build scripts are readable at these 2 repositories:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/gimp-macos-build
https://gitlab.gnome.org/samm-git/gtk-osx/

Builds happen automatically on Circle-CI servers (with public logs for
everyone to review). The process is explained in the gimp-macos-build
repository.

Current maintainers for the macOS build are Oleksii Samorukov (who created
the process but lacks time lately) and more recently Des McGuinness.

So I would suggest to first have a look at the scripts. Then you are
welcome to propose some patches to work on a build for the dev version too,
which would indeed be very nice. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that
Des has had the time to look into it as he focused on getting the stable
version up to speed first. Anyway more devs the merrier.

Something which can be done is to set up a branch for you and we will let
you merge test commits on this branch for you to get acquainted with the
build system and have automatic CI builds (while not merging tests into the
main branch). If you are interested, please tell me (on a report or on IRC
for instance).

Jehan

Thank you.