[Gimp-developer] Questions about the split view feature

Hello,

the split view in Gimp 2.10 is an awesome feature!

Here are my questions:
- I couldn't find a way to have the split view turned on by default, in
any place. Is that possible?

- The split view handle is only visible when the guides are visible. You
probably see me coming, because, when the guides are unvisible, turn on
the split view and.. and nothing :-). Shouldn't turning the split view
on, make the guides visibles? Or just the split view guide (make it a
non-discardable guide)?

Regards,

--
wwp