Re: [Gimp-developer] Building GIMP master fails because of missing gobject-introspection

On 07/29/2019 12:17 AM Elle Stone wrote:
I do have a question: Could someone please explain what introspection
actually is or does?

Introspection is a term from computer science.
Introspection is a way to look at a given program and tell about its functions and data structures. This
information is then used to access the program’s functions from another program (even in another programming
language) or to create a documentation etc.

As far as I know the GIMP developers use it to access GIMP’s functions from Python plug-ins, but they might
tell you more about their intentions themselves.

Kind regards,

Steve