Re: [Gimp-developer] Issue building Gimp from GIT

On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 04:04 -0500, Steven P. Ulrick via gimp-developer-
list wrote:

Spoke to soon. I logged out, logged back in and tried again, and it
finally started.

It sounds like you might be installing gimp and its depndencies into
somewhere owned by the operating system; /usr/local is probably safe on
Fedora (it isn't on Debian) but using a prefix like $HOME/opt is
better. Then put a short shell script in your PATH that runs your local
version gimp (mine is called "lgimp" for local gimp).

begin
rotating pictures from our recent trip to England...
I hope you had a good trip! Do you post pictures somewhere? :)

Liam (originally from the UK)

Click here to have the slave beaten.