Re: [Gimp-developer] help compiling babl

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 01:17:33PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
Am 28.08.19 um 13:09 schrieb Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list:

Retry: now (that apparently devs switched to meson also in GEGL, now it does not compile

Found! Apparetly it was missing a package, whose lack, meson was not able
to detect ... resolved with:

sudo apt install libgirepository1.0-dev

You could make it a habit to be on the #gimp IRC channel - we've gone
through this some weeks ago, and you'd likely have had someone suggest
it the moment you asked about it :)

Yes, you are right, of course, sometimes I just do not do what I know I
should do (for various reasons).

perhaps gegl devs should add a test or something?

Anyway now I have a problem with the GIMP compilation...

  CCLD     script-fu
//usr/local/lib/libgegl-0.4.so.0: undefined reference to `babl_format_get_n_components@V0_1_0'
//usr/local/lib/libgegl-0.4.so.0: undefined reference to `babl_model_with_space@V0_1_0'

Are you sure the correct babl is picked up?

Threre where some old versions that were picked up before the newer ones... again you were right!

Figuring this out would also be something more easily done in a more
interactive medium.

Yes (again) of course,
sorry and thanks for the patience...

PS: I finally got GIMP compiled, thanks to you all...

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364