Re: [Gimp-developer] help compiling babl

Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list writes:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 02:26:50AM +0200, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list wrote:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 08:38:45PM +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-developer-list wrote:
Hello,

You should be using the Meson build system now.

Doh, I missed that!
It works now, thank you!

I talked too quickly... now it is GIMP that does not compile (due to babl...):

I had a lot of trouble adjusting my build scripts for babl's meson
build. So once I got it working, I ended up rewriting the GIMP wiki
build instructions to reflect what worked for me.

https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building

There are also some additions in the Hacking:Building/Linux page
(linked at the bottom) but it's mostly a discussion of why PREFIX
is important (I didn't write it, someone else did, but it seemed
worth keeping) and a discussion of how to run the GIMP you just built.

Try it out -- and if it turns out that it's still incomplete, let
me know what needs to be changed (or update it yourself, if you
prefer).

I know nothing of the Windows and Mac building pages: I don't
build on those platforms, but it would be great if someone who
does could keep them up to date.

I should mention that my build page rewrites are from shortly after
babl switched to meson, but don't reflect any meson instructions for
gegl or gimp, so eventually Hacking:Building will need to be updated again.

        ...Akkana