Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Curious about GIMP-2.10 bugs on Windows

On 05/11/2018 10:36 AM, Tom Williams wrote:
On 05/11/2018 07:24 AM, Elle Stone wrote:

I have no clue whether more people use GIMP on Windows than on Linux.
But either way my questions remain:

Are most of these "post release of 2.10" bug reports specific to GIMP
on Windows? or do they also affect GIMP on Linux?

Was there such an influx of Windows(-only?) bug reports for 2.8,
compared to 2.10?

My initial reaction to the GIMP 2.10 bugs on Windows vs Linux is:  have
many Linux distros started offering GIMP 2.10 as an upgrade/update?   I
run Mint 18.3, on my laptop, and GIMP 2.10 isn't available as an update,
yet.  I don't have the time to try updating GIMP manually, so I wait for
the distribution to update the software for me.  Now that I think about
it, my mom's Ubuntu 16.04 system hasn't received a GIMP 2.10 update either.

Maybe as the distros start making GIMP 2.10 available, more Linux users
will use it.  I'm just thinking out loud.  :)

OK, that makes sense. Maybe a flood of bug reports from Linux users will come in when/as GIMP-2.10 is included in more Linux distributions.

Best,
Elle