Re: [Gimp-developer] GSoC project query

On 2018-03-05 05:29 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
The main reason why GIMP stopped doing GSoC is because we were giving the
students very awesome projects, and even though the final results were
very cool proof-of-concepts (so the students did do very good work), they
were not finished (either extremely buggy, with bad standard code, or so slow that it was unusable on real data, etc.) and they had been a dead weight to the GIMP project for years (even nowadays, some older student
projects are still making issues).

Having read the above I had the idea that it could be worth having a student work on one or more of the previous GSoC projects instead of adding something new which could become another bit of dead weight. Have them make a previous GSoC project work faster, or improve the coding style, fix bugs, add missing pieces, or just add the polishing touches.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.