Re: [Gimp-developer] configure: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Missing dep: appstream-glib >= 0.7.7

On 2018-07-11 10:47 AM, richard brown wrote:
On 11/07/18 15:16, Kevin Cozens wrote:
On 2018-07-11 09:59 AM, richard brown via gimp-developer-list wrote:
The latest git pull of 2.99 won't build. It gives me the error

"configure: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Missing dep: appstream-glib >= 0.7.7"

I think it just needed the rpm stuff for some reason.  I installed rpm (don't use it either). I had to install a more recent gobject-introspection to get the more recent appstream-glib to build.  And yes, there's a bug with yaml and the meson build system.  see:

https://github.com/ximion/appstream/issues/146

I would add that you need a recent version of meson to get it to build properly too.

I love dependency problems.

Indeed.  :P

This is the worse case of dependency problems for GIMP I have had to deal with in quite a while. I need to compile appstream-glib which needed about three other -dev packages. I then hit the yaml issue which required the newer glib-introspection program. Trying to compile that required some other package I don't have. About this point I gave up on trying to build git master branch of GIMP.

If/when I update my distro to Mint 19 I'll try again.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick