Re: [Gimp-developer] Why is the 0.44 version of poppler required?

On 2018-02-09 01:02 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Kevin Cozens <kevin ve3syb ca> wrote:
Greetings.

The git master version of GIMP requires the 0.44 version of poppler. That
version is not available for the 18.3 (latest) version of Linux Mint. I
modified the configure.ac file to require the 0.41 version of poppler.

[snip]
So it would work. But then you may encounter bugs in rendering of
shadings. Or not. We don't take the chance. :-)

Ok, thank you for that information. If that is the only problem I will stick with 0.41 for now. I have never needed to import PDF files in to GIMP.

Linux Mint 19 comes out around May. When it does I will revisit the poppler version I'm using. If I still need to build it the updated distro may (I hope) include the required versions of the other dependencies needed to build poppler 0.44.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.