Re: [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.10.0-RC2 released

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 04:16:10AM +0100, Ken Moffat via gimp-developer-list wrote:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 01:26:19AM +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:
Hi,

We just released the second release candidate on the way
to the final GIMP 2.10.0 release.

This is (still!) an unstable development release and might
crash or do whatever. If you try it for work, please save
your images more often.

I had hoped to install this in a fresh all-from-source LFS/BLFS
build (RC1 on a different machine worked, but a separate plugin
rebooted the machine, which might well be a Ryzen problem) because I
know that my own script-fu script needs to be updated.  But to my
surprise it failed to build because pygtk-2.24.0 had no-longer
installed its headers.

Fixed that (a change in how an earlier module needs to be
built/installed) but now when I fire it up the splash screen says
RC1 although Help -> About says RC2.  Trivial, but perhaps another
item for the pre-release checklist ?

ĸen