Re: [Gimp-developer] Show clipped and out of gamut colors using blinking colors

On 11/03/2017 10:45 AM, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:
Yes, the diagonal stripes are basically a static substitute for
blinking: it's possible that your image has areas with similar color to
the warning color, but it's much less likely that these areas also have
a stripe pattern, making the warning more distinguishable.

I'm not sure why this would be specifically problematic with small
our-of-range areas (though obviously less useful in these cases.)  Note
that the size of the stripe pattern is independent of the area size, or
the zoom level, so, in particular, when you zoom in you can see the
pattern over individual pixels.

Hi Ell,

I just tried the clip warning with an image that I knew had small patches of out of gamut colors - works like a charm! Even for small sprinkles of out of gamut colors - using the tool I found a few pixels in my test image that I didn't already know were out of gamut, but sure enough they were.

Best,
Elle