Re: [Gimp-developer] New GIMP configure warning/error

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Partha Bagchi wrote:

warnings on HTTP websites. Also the experience will be significantly
degraded without SSL/TLS support since the help browser will fail to
load the manual remotely, and opening various remote files on secure
protocols will fail. Note: the test cannot be performed while
cross-compiling. In this case, we will just display a warning for
packagers to be at least well aware of this dependency."

Yes, I read the quote but am still perplexed. the only (?) place we need
http/https support is to load images from an URI?

Jehan explicitly mentioned at least two reasons in the quote above. I
really have no foggiest idea why you only see one.

Alex