Re: [Gimp-developer] New GIMP configure warning/error

Hi,

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:
I am getting the following warning:

WARNING: Your GTK+ version is 2.24.31.
         The recommended GTK+ version under Windows is 2.24.32 or over.
         If you continue without updating GTK+, shortcuts won't work with
         non-latin locales, and vector icons will be disabled.

This is not new at all but has been so for a few months for the Windows build.
See commit b73458632.

According to http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtk+/2.24/, the latest
version is 2.24.31. So, does gtk+ need to be compiled from git to make this
warning go away?

It won't even. The git version is 2.24.31 even in the gtk-2-24 branch.
It seems like there is no development version bump for the micro
version in GTK+. This said, using the git version would still get you
the fix that is warned about (even though the warning still displays,
but since there was no dev version bump, we can't do without).

The fix will be officially released in a stable GTK+ version with
2.24.32. We just took some advance (since it is master and only a
warning, that's acceptable).

Secondly, I am getting the following error:

Error: GIMP configuration failed.
  - Error: missing dependency glib-networking
      *** Test for glib-networking failed. This is required.

I am perplexed to see that we need glib-networking suddenly since my git
pull from a couple of days ago? Is there a reason to requiring glib
networking support?

Alexandre answered to this. The commit message is indeed verbose
enough to explain why we decided that it should be a mandatory
dependency. :)

Jehan

Thanks,
Partha