Re: [Gimp-developer] Can hitting Enter/Return twice apply changes made in popup dialogs?

In cases where you are unlikely to change every single option, it's still
much faster to handle it exactly like originally stated, and is why other
very popular graphics software applications use the convention. In
workflow, it makes sense to focus the dialog on the next likely action, so
if the user is filling out a form, focus would naturally be on the next
blank field that needs to be filled in.

The reason for auto focusing to the history combo box is for speed on
repeating the last used settings. It makes sense that the next focus should
be the OK button for these dialogs. In which case the Enter key would
function as requested, to press the OK button and commit changes.

The logic:

1. If you have chosen a history item from the combo box, you most-likely
want to apply the changes immediately following, so the OK button is
focused.

2. Hitting Enter/Return presses the button and completes the workflow for
this result.

If it's desired, I can do some workflow comparisons to show the difference
in various workflows with this "new" convention. :)

I believe most workflows will benefit from this change without the need to
add more non-standard hotkeys to GIMP.

-C

It makes little sense to then have to change your hand position to apply
the change with another hotkey, since we have already decided to focus it
instead of the first item in the dialog, especially when the default when
you press enter again is to do absolutely nothing. Also two shift keys are
not always present, and tab works fine to move focus, so there's not much
point in having Enter/Return focus the next box, instead of applying the
change, which is intuitive. After all, enter commits the value, so it makes
sense enter again will commit the dialog.