Re: [Gimp-developer] Building and Compiling gimp under Windows

Hi Hashem,

You always can edit the code in Eclipse or NetBeans or another IDE but
compile it
according the instructions on wiki.gimp.org
<https://web.archive.org/web/20160409131743/http://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building/Windows>
.

I would recommend you using Linux to hack gimp. It just not practical to do
all of this building
process again and again. You can for example edit the code on windows and
debug it on
Linux. When you done, compile it for Windows.  By the way, both Eclipse and
NetBeans are
working fine on Linux.

For the other questions about customizing gimp,all of these things are pure
code,
mostly C. Gimp's code it mostly very readable (for an 20 years old project, at
least),
you should be able to understand it after some time.

Have a nice day,
Shmuel.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:10 PM Hashem Zavvari <hashemzawary gmail com>