Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image/Color Management option

Hi Gez.

Gez (listas ohweb com ar) wrote:
Although I share your shock, I think Michael is right. Almost nobody
using GIMP understands color management, because there is virtually
nobody using GIMP seriously, and probably nobody will because of this
kind of design decisions.
[...]
Instead of focusing on imagers devs seem to be focusing on eventual
users who only use the tool once a month for scaling some photos and
remove red eyes or making banners for online forums.

I don't understand your line of reasoning. Did you realize, that Mitch
has literally spent months to make color management actually work in
Gimp - i.e. cut'n'paste between images with different color profiles
attached, color managed color selectors etc. pp.

And now all this work is jeopardized, because he made a preferences
option to disable this stuff a little bit more visible? And we seem to
have troubles in finding a correct way to describe what this toggle
button does?

If this is your line of reasoning, then, sir, your priorities are messed
up.

Bye,
        Simon

--