Re: [Gimp-developer] Plugins to improve UI

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Nicolas Brack wrote:
Hello, I'm intending to build plugins to improve gimp's UI in various
ways and get around the source code.  Most notably, I want to
change the right click menu.

Hello Nicolas,

Glad to hear that you want to step up and make a change. However, I'd
like t know: what is the reason you don't want to work on GIMP itself?

And no, I don't believe plugins can change the behavior of GIMP. At
least, you won't be able to access the part of code that deals with
things like the right-click menu.

If you intend to add context-sensitive right-click menu, I would
humbly suggest to work on GIMP code rather than invent cunning ways to
do that with plugins.

Alex