Re: [Gimp-developer] Darktable plug-in in GIMP

Am Samstag, 30. April 2016, 17:22:13 schrieb Carmelo DrRaw:
On 30 Apr 2016, at 16:58, Tobias Ellinghaus <houz gmx de> wrote:

Am Samstag, 30. April 2016, 16:51:05 schrieb Carmelo DrRaw:
This issue is easily handled by other RAW loading plug-ins by
intercepting
the input files with .tif or .tiff extension and running the normal GIMP

Sure, you can work around that, but it's not a proper fix, is it? So I
personally prefer to keep the behaviour broken to make someone fix it for
real.
If UFraw was forced to implement this workaround already few years ago, so I
guess it will still take quite some time until someone fixes that for good…

I guess it's more a matter of a few weeks than months.

meanwhile you will be flooded by comments from unhappy users because this
new DT plugin code already made it into PPAs that lots of people use.

My suggestion: implement the workaround as soon as possible, and then
identify the person that should implement a proper fix into GIMP and try to
convince her/him to do the job.

Sorry, no. I don't care if some people complain, that's what you get from
running development versions. But just rejecting all files ending in ".tif"
(and variations thereof) is wrong, there are cameras who call their raw files
.tif. Old cameras, but still.

[...]

Andrea

Tobias