Re: [Gimp-developer] [darktable-dev] Darktable plug-in in GIMP - Darktable for Windows?

Am Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 07:16:50 schrieb Elle Stone:
On 04/25/2016 07:12 PM, Tobias Ellinghaus wrote:
Am Montag, 25. April 2016, 17:16:03 schrieb Elle Stone:

[...]

Raw files opened from GIMP still aren't being opened in darktable.
Instead it looks like the embedded jpeg is opened in GIMP. I'm clueless
what I might be doing wrong but I'll try again tomorrow with a
completely fresh build.

darktable needs to be built with Lua and EXR support. You can check for
those by

  - running "darktable --version", it will tell about Lua
  - look in the dropdown with the available formats in darktable's export

module, does it list OpenEXR?

In darktable's export module, OpenEXR is an option, and when run as a
standalone, darktable does export OpenEXR images that GIMP can open:

magic match 4 on file-exr-load
best magic match on file-exr-load

It looks like darktable (installed though Gentoo portage) is not
installed with Lua support:

$ darktable --version
this is darktable 2.0.3
copyright (c) 2009-2015 johannes hanika
darktable-dev lists darktable org

compile options:
   normal build
   OpenMP support enabled
   OpenCL support disabled
   Lua support disabled
   Colord support disabled
   gPhoto2 support enabled
   GraphicsMagick support enabled

It's not clear to me why Lua support is disabled. I do have Lua installed:
$ equery list '*lua*'
[IP-] [ ] dev-lang/lua-5.1.5-r3:0

darktable requires Lua 5.2. If that isn't available in Gentoo you can just
pass
    -DDONT_USE_INTERNAL_LUA=Off
to cmake when compiling darktable. We bundle it for those distributions that
lack it as Lua is changing a lot between minor versions.

In the future we will most likely make this a hard requirement in darktable to
avoid surprises like this.

There is no Gentoo use flag for darktable that allows to disable Lua
support, and during ./autogen.sh, GEGL does list Lua as available and
configured.

Elle

Tobias