[Gimp-developer] GIMP Open problem on Mac

Greetings,

I am not presently subscribed to any IRC or GIMP groups.  I have a Mac running OS X “El Capitan” version
10.11.4.  I have tried to install and use GIMP for OS X from the gimp.org <http://gimp.org/> site.
When I attempt to run GIMP, I receive an error from the “gatekeeper” because GIMP is not from the MAC App
Store or from a known developer.
I am hoping there is a work-around for this or that this will be resolved in an upcoming release.  I am
deeply involved in photography and in need of a serious “darkroom” application for processing the photos I
take.
To me, this means using GIMP since that has been what I have used when using UNIX, Linux, and Windows
computers.

Thank you very much in advance!
Michael Kirst
mkirst cfl rr com <mailto:mkirst cfl rr com>