Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp.org tutorials

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>
wrote:

Hi,

Do we really need to "update" all these tutos for the new website?
My proposition is to scrap all the ones too outdated or without proper
copyleft and make a public call for people to propose good tutorials,
using recent versions (2.8.x), and copyleft only. I have already met
several people who told me they were interested to write tutorials for
GIMP (in French and in Korean, which I could translate to English).

With the state of our tutorials, I feel like just going from a blank
slate and going for high quality isn't that much a luxury and would be
worth it. And rather than trying to "save" all the old stuff, I feel
like it would be so much more healthy to involve our community of
users more into the upstream gimp.org website.

I couldn't agree more.  It was always my intention to migrate all of the
old content so that the old URI's didn't return 404 or errors (and without
a place to point a 302 to).  So, keep the old data in place for old links,
but as Elle noted previously, point to updated tutorials with links at the
top of the old ones (or notify users they are _not_ copyleft, and are not
available to use freely).  I'll mock something up soon to demonstrate what
I mean.

I love the idea of putting a call out to the community for updating and
copyleft only.  Just to be clear - you're going to help me go through them
and make sure they are good and high quality, right? ;)

On a good note, I'm almost done with the list of old tutorials!  So,
getting closer!