Re: [Gimp-developer] building GIMP from git

It's likely that you're missing LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you're loading GIMP.
While you're starting GIMP that was compiled from Git it is loading GEGL
libraries from other sources.  You should do the following (assuming GIMP,
GEGL, and BABL were installed under /usr/local prefix by default):

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib gimp-2.9

GIMP will then look to /usr/local/lib for its GEGL and BABL libraries
instead of /usr/lib (which is where it is typically installed by a package
manager).