Re: [Gimp-developer] building GIMP from git

On 10/07/2015 10:10 AM, Olivier wrote:
Hello all.

I'm trying to build GIMP-2.9 as explained on
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimp-git-build.html. I'm using Ubuntu
15.04.

Everything seems to work smootly, but when I try using gimp-2.9 I get the
error message:

GEGL operation missing!

GIMP requires the GEGL operation "gegl:maze".
This operation cannot be found. Check your
GEGL install and ensure it has been compiled
with any dependencies required for GIMP.

​What am I doing wrong?​ When I build GEGL, the only warnings I get after
configuring it are that the Vala support is missing, as well as avformat
amd umfpack.

Thanks for any help.

It sort of sounds like GIMP isn't finding a recent enough version of GEGL. Did you install babl from git and GEGL from git in the same prefix as GIMP from git?

In case they might be helpful, I put up some articles on building and updating GIMP from git:

Building GIMP for artists and photographers
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/build-gimp-in-prefix-for-artists.html

Updating GIMP for artists and photographers
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/update-gimp-in-prefix-for-artists.html

The second article also explains how to use the git log to see the latest updates.