Re: [Gimp-developer] Future of Python v2 scripts

Ofnuts (ofnuts gmx com) wrote:
On 26/11/15 11:53, Simon Budig wrote:
It would make sense to switch to python 3 in sync with the
(plugin-breaking) switch to gtk3 with the 3.0 release.

Why would gtk3 break python plug-ins? I don't see that many that come with
their own UI. I would expect 2.10 and the high bit-depth to break more
scripts....

It breaks all C plugins, since the libraries are no longer
binary-compatible.

2.10 should not break anything - we try to keep the PDB and the libgimp
API backwards compatible. That is until the planned breaking for 3.0.

Bye,
         Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/