Re: [Gimp-developer] Future of Python v2 scripts

On 26 November 2015 at 10:47, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion gmail com> wrote:
While it is is feasible to have Python3 as the system default install,
it is not practical to remove Python2 from the system. Even if it is
not installed by default (which I doubt very much) it will be
reachable via the default packaging system (and therefore available as
a GIMP dependency).

Ooop, you're right, I wasn't thinking clearly. It would make it
impossible to include gimp in the default install, but of course, now
I remember, gimp, like most useful software, was moved off the default
iso a while ago. So as you say it probably doesn't make any
difference.

John