Re: [Gimp-developer] Future of Python v2 scripts

Joao S. O. Bueno (gwidion gmail com) wrote:
While it is is feasible to have Python3 as the system default install,
it is not practical to remove Python2 from the system. Even if it is
not installed by default (which I doubt very much) it will be
reachable via the default packaging system (and therefore available as
a GIMP dependency).

Anyway, even if we switched today to Python3 for GIMP, it would only
be available as of GIMP 2.10 - so GIMP 2.8 would still use Python2
scripts.

It would make sense to switch to python 3 in sync with the
(plugin-breaking) switch to gtk3 with the 3.0 release.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/