Re: [Gimp-developer] xdg-app; was: WGO Transition Meeting

On 11/17/2015 08:10 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

How do you make a static build? The ./configure --help does mention static
something or other, but I've never tried to make a static build.

Neither have I :)

Does this really make the resulting "whatever it is" actually run on any
Linux distribution?

Yes, that's the whole point. You make a 'run anywhere' binary at the
expense of download size.

Would glib and etc also need to be in the mix somehow?

Yes, I expect that glib, gtk+ etc., and lcms would be in the build as
well. Although you might want talking to someone with more experience
instead.

OK, well, this is probably the right place to ask.

Do any of the developers and packages on this list have example command lines for making a static "run anywhere" binary? And/or a bit of guidance as to how to proceed?

Best,
Elle