Re: [Gimp-developer] xdg-app; was: WGO Transition Meeting

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

How do you make a static build? The ./configure --help does mention static
something or other, but I've never tried to make a static build.

Neither have I :)

Does this really make the resulting "whatever it is" actually run on any
Linux distribution?

Yes, that's the whole point. You make a 'run anywhere' binary at the
expense of download size.

Would glib and etc also need to be in the mix somehow?

Yes, I expect that glib, gtk+ etc., and lcms would be in the build as
well. Although you might want talking to someone with more experience
instead.

Alex