Re: [Gimp-developer] WGO Transition Meeting

At least as of the time I left Red Hat 5 years ago, they used an RPM-based system just like Fedora; I'm reasonably sure they still do.

The potential down-side of trying to maintain a GIMP-for-RHEL is that packages included in RHEL are usually a little older than the most current versions.

While I'm here, regarding automatic distribution detection, it would be useful to have a fairly obvious way to show and download any GIMP release, regardless of what distro you're using at the moment. I do remote maintenance on a dozen or so machines at different Fedora release levels, 32-bit and 64-bit, It would be very useful to be able to just pick which GIMP I need.

--Chris Moller