Re: [Gimp-developer] Sourceforge downloads

If we could clarify what is happening and if the GNOME foundation can
indeed help, this would be good.
Looking at the sidebar on the Summary page there is this notice:
Hey, this isn't a SourceForge project! Check out the SourceForge Open Source Mirror Directory for more
information.
It also appears that the account the project page belongs to is "sf-editor1", and a lot of well known
projects are listed on the user page: http://sourceforge.net/u/sf-editor1/
I'm also noticing VLC on that list, which abandoned SF as well if memory serves me right.

The box in the sidebar links to http://sourceforge.net/mirror/ and explains that they are mirroring popular
open-source projects which are not already on SF or no longer maintained.
The last section claims they want to hear if "you don't want your project mirrored on our site" and points to
the email address: communityteam sourceforge net
Then again, all they are saying is that they are willing to listen, not necessarily that they will do
anything about it...

I wasn't already subscribed to this mailing-list, so bear with me if I messed up the addresses or missed some
replies which were not yet shown on the archive page.
Sebastian Wahl