Re: [Gimp-developer] wtf with the download?

No problem. Glad to help.

-C
On 1 Jun 2015 00:40, "Michael Schumacher" <schumaml gmx de> wrote:

On 06/01/2015 01:14 AM, Gez wrote:
El dom, 31-05-2015 a las 17:14 +0100, C R escribió:
It does say "via BitTorrent" on the teal link.
There's a good case to be made for just listing the torrent file as a
smaller text-link after the orange download button, though. If I had my
way, we would not be listing a torrent at all for windows users, as
there
are far too many things that can go wrong for that platform. However,
I'm
trying to present a solution that everyone is okay with. Esp the
developers
who will, in the end, be applying these patches to the site. Most of the
devs have been supportive of keeping the torrent link (at least as)
prominent as the direct download link.

Hi,
I just followed the previous posts and I confirm that it looked bad
before you trimmed the text as Michael said.
Now text fits, but the problem wasn't the length of text but its font.

Thank you for taking care of this. Let me know if you need a hand.

This change is live now - it was rather easy to apply into the current
layout. Thanks, C R.

I've tested it on
http://testing.gimp.org/downloads/

and started the deployment to
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

(remember: these pages adjust to your platform)

I think we should try that for the Windows downloads only for a few
days, probably make some adjustments to the code (I would prefer the
links to be usable without styling, right now the ordering of the text
is a bit weird then)

I've also got an idea how the platform switching can be done with the
current infrastructure in a rather easy way, but I do not want this
change to interfere with the deployment of those buttons.

--
Regards,
Michael