Re: [Gimp-developer] Testers requested for our new Mac OS X DMG release!,

Hi

Kristian, thank you for stepping in and making an OS X build!
Especially the DMG creation command and fixing some of the
nasty Poppler and DBus problems are impressing me.

You asked for testers and here are some of my test results:

1. The GIMP build comes with the G'Mic plug-in.
Sadly it is crashing. I suddenly get the message:

"Plug-in crashed: "gmic_gimp"
(/Users/$my_user_name/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins/gmic_gimp)

The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side."

Including this plug-in is well-meaning but I think it's a pitfall
for the GIMP team because users might think it would be part of
GIMP and therefore report G'Mic bugs to the GIMP team instead to
the G'Mic people.
Avoiding this was the reason I made a stock build of GIMP 2.8.14 with
no extra plug-ins.

2. Is this build with the latest dependency versions?

3. To be honest and fair it would be good to name Kristian as the
creator of the 2.8.16 build on the download page and not me anymore
for the older build.
How about mentioning the patched and extended builds of other eager
contributors like Partha and skl or even Gimp Paint Studio and
CinePaint in a separate fork section of the Download page?

If I find more I'll try to report to Bugzilla.

Anyway, I know how hard it is and how much time it takes to provide
a working OS X build - thanks for your work!

Greetings

Sven