Re: [Gimp-developer] Testers requested for our new Mac OS X DMG release!,

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM, scl wrote:

How about mentioning the patched and extended builds of other eager
contributors like Partha and skl or even Gimp Paint Studio and
CinePaint in a separate fork section of the Download page?

The general agreement in the team is that we don't feel comfortable
promoting builds whose packagers do not provide information about
changes they introduced (if any). To make this more transparent for
the community, we are preparing a document on packaging requirements
that we'd like (but don't demand) GIMP packagers to meet.

GIMP Paint Studio is currently unmaintained.

Cinepaint is an inactive project.

Alex