Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gegl-developer] babl roadmap

Elle Stone (ellestone ninedegreesbelow com) wrote:
On 10/17/2014 06:39 AM, Simon Budig wrote:
Elle Stone (ellestone ninedegreesbelow com) wrote:
//begin quote from http://color.org/DevCon/devcon14.xalter

While this fixed PCS is capable of delivering unambiguous color transforms,
it cannot support the increasing demand for spectrally-based reproduction.
[...]
Tying GIMP to "sRGB as PCS" is a dead-end move.

If you take "spectrally based reproduction" as an argument against "sRGB
as PCS" you should be at least be so fair to also mention that *any* RGB
based image editing is bound to fail for this.

In point of fact, I've already said thist. But I'm happy to say it again.
RGB data is not spectral data.

I know. Which is why your previous mail could have had the very same
text and the following sentence as the conclusion:

"Tying GIMP to RGB based editing is a dead-end move."

Which is exactly the dead end you have been advocating a lot in the
recent discussion.

Bye,
        Simon

--