Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gegl-developer] babl roadmap

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:

Tying GIMP to "sRGB as PCS" is a dead-end move.

If you take "spectrally based reproduction" as an argument against "sRGB
as PCS" you should be at least be so fair to also mention that *any* RGB
based image editing is bound to fail for this.

In point of fact, I've already said thist. But I'm happy to say it again.
RGB data is not spectral data.

As a former researcher at a national color science laboratory, and a
major contributor to babl and GEGL; I probably have no idea about
these things – and how the spectral data in named color ICCv4 profiles
might be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKpaXu87Coo